11 Things About Me
1. I was born on the 8th February 1993. I hate celebrating my birthday, it makes me feel uncomfortable.
2. I am currently in my first year of my English degree. It's not too bad so far, I wish we had more freedom with what we study, but I'm looking forward to being able to choose my modules for next year.
3. I love reading! My favourite books will always be J.R.R Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, I've read them every summer since I was 12 years old. I've always liked fantasy, I also love The Banned and the Banished by James Clemens amongst many, many others. I'm currently reading A Clash of Kings by George R.R Martin.
4. I am a geography nerd. I still regret not choosing it for my degree (but perhaps if I had I would be missing English!) and when I was younger I used to collect fossils and wanted to be a geologist. They're still in my wardrobe, I can't part with them.
5. I'm obsessed with changing my hair. I've had it purple, red, pink, black and brown, and I've also had a weave, braids and wool dreadlocks. I will never be completely happy with it, and I miss my dreadlocks. Last year I decided to cut it all very, very short. It's the worst decision I have ever made. I'm still growing it out. I bought a purple colour to put into my hair soon though, yay!
6. I'm terrified of dogs. Terrified. If one runs up to me on the park, my instant reaction if either to scream and run, or fall on the floor and cry. It's
7. I love going to festivals. I've been to Download in 06, 07, 09 and 10, Leeds in 08 and Sonisphere in 11. Sonisphere had a better atmosphere out of the three, but Download is very close to home and more convenient. I haven't got a ticket for anywhere this year, but I'm definitely fancying Metallica at Download!
8. Metallica are my favourite band. I've seen them four times so far, and I will go again. They're the best band I've ever seen live (and I have seen a lot of bands). Both of my parents love Metallica, they played me The Black Album when I was 8.
9. I am obsessive about some strange things. I have to have all my books in alphabetical order and in a straight, even lines on my bookshelves. I also have to keep all my cosmetics in their original packaging. I have boxes everywhere!
10. I have one sister, and we are opposites. She is tall and tanned, whereas I'm very short and pale. She's 16, we get along quite well these days (most of the time).
11. I was vegetarian for 6 years, but recently had to go back to eating meat for health reasons. I still don't agree with it, but I have to put my health first. Hopefully when my health is better in a few years I can go back to being meat-free.
1. What was your favourite subject at school?
Either English or Geography! I also enjoyed Science. I was very well-rounded at school. I think I'd have to say Geography if I had to choose one though, my English teachers at school never really liked me.
2. What has been the happiest moment of your life so far, and why?
I think I was the happiest when I was at college. School was a nightmare so I was expecting school to be the same, but I really enjoyed it.
3. Have you met any celebrities? If so, who? If not, who would you like to meet?
I've met a few bands. I met Khoma at Download in 2006, and Within Temptation in 2007, along with After Forever when I saw them, also in 2007 I think.
4. What was the last thing you ate?
A blueberry muffin from Starbucks.
5. What is your favourite novel, and why?
My favourite novels are The Lord of the Rings. I can't pick just one!
6. What is your earliest memory?
I don't really know. I have lots of fragmented memories, like music and food and whatnot, but no real whole ones.
7. What is your favourite lip product?
My favourite lip product are my MAC lipsticks. I love them.
8. If you could swap lives with someone for one day, famous or not, who would it be and why?
I have absolutely no idea!
9. Which films, if any, make you cry?
I'm quite difficult to make cry. Bambi made me sad though, and P.S I Love You.
10. What is your favourite song, and why?
Metallica's Sad But True. It was the first song I heard from them, my Dad played it me in the car when I was 8. It's one of my Mum's favourite songs too. I think that was what really started my interest in the music I love now.
11. Describe your ideal birthday cake!
Lots of chocolate! I like baking so I would like to make my own birthday cake, but my parents never let me on the basis that people shouldn't make their own birthday cakes.
I'm not going to tag anybody in this, but if you've done this tag, send me a link! I love reading this sort of thing. Thank you to Bewitchery and Jai Geeks Out for tagging me!