|I had no idea what photo to use for this post, so here's one from my recent walk in the snow, and most likely my last walk of 2014!|
2014 has been a good year for me. I completed university and graduated with a first, I started my MA course at a new university (which I thoroughly enjoy) and we adopted Bree. Next year I will hopefully graduate from my masters course, I may leave university and I will most likely be venturing into permanent work (if I am lucky enough to find work). It's going to be an interesting year, and I hope that it is as enjoyable as 2014 has been. Here are my resolutions:
1. Organise my time so I have at least two hours a week free to write. I am referring only to creative writing. I spend at least half of my time writing for university, and when I have finished my university work for the day I tend to fall into a book, or watch a film. I need to get back into creative writing, as I really do miss it and I always feel a lot more relaxed after writing.
2. Make more of an effort with my appearance (again). I have this resolution every single year. I just never seem to be able to persevere with this one. I've always had issues with my appearance, and I think that's why I'm not able to make sure that I look remotely presentable every day. I do not think that I will ever be happy with my appearance, but I think I should at least attempt to not hate it.
3. Make detailed plans for my future. I finish my MA in 2015, which is a frightening thought! I'm planning on applying for several internships, but I also need to research graduate schemes, and decide whether or not I want to apply for funding for a PHD. I'm aware that I need to get this finished in the next week or so.
4. Exercise more. I've really been neglecting my exercise routine. I usually swim at least once a week, but swimming has become quite unappealing with the cold weather, and my local leisure centre is usually full at this time of the year, which is problem when you are only able to swim next to the wall or in the shallow end of the pool. I am walking more now that we have Bree, however.
5. Go out and visit interesting places. I adore going out and visiting places that I have never been to before, or places that I have visited but never fully explored. I would love to visit London in summer and see The Globe for example. I would also like to visit Hardwick Hall again.
6. Try to eat more regular meals. I am always forgetting to have dinner, or breakfast. Sometimes both. Whenever I'm working on my projects for university, or reading, I tend to forget about meals. I also tend to snack instead, which is a problem. I would also like to start drinking more water.
7. Learn how to cook. I am not a terrible cook, and I love baking, but I hardly ever cook at home. My sister adores cooking, and since we eat together, she always seems to be the one who cooks, and I end up cleaning instead. I've always preferred baking to cooking. I also think that cooking would also increase my motivation to actually eat meals.
8. Stop spending entire days working on university projects. I always end up feeling tired and anxious whenever I do this, but I continue to do it anyway. I am going to try to get out of the house at least once a day, even if it is just to take Bree for a brisk walk.
9. Start saving. I would really like to travel in the future, so I think it would be nice to start saving for it. I should also stop buying so many books, but that will never happen, so I will endeavour instead to stop buying items that I have a near duplicate of (cosmetics for example), and also to sell or donate some of my possessions that I no longer use, or want.
10. Do something fun every month. Sometimes it feels as though my entire life consists of attending lectures, working on essays, and reading. I would like to do something interesting every month just to break up my routine and add interest to my life, even if it is just visiting a museum, going somewhere new for coffee, or spending more time with Figgy in the garden.
I would like to know what your resolutions are if you have any! I hope you all have a wonderful start to the New Year, and I wish you all the best for 2015.